House Calls and Mobile Veterinarian in Thousand Oaks, CA
For a majority of pets, going to the vet is a stressful experience. Just like humans, nobody gets excited about going to the doctor. Pets prefer the safety of their own home environment. They feel more at ease at home than anywhere else because they are surrounded by familiar smells, people and objects. Pets experience anxiety, physiological and emotional stress when visiting the vet's office. Increased heart and respiratory rate, inaccurate blood pressure readings and abnormal blood sugar levels are among the typically recorded by vets attempting to assess a pet's health during a wellness exam at the clinic. Diagnostic tests are also affected which may lead to delayed treatment.
Fear not!! Dr. Wisa is available for housecalls. A visit in the comfort of the home will allow our staff to evaluate your pet without the added stress from leaving home. We aim to solve any behavioral issues by treating your pet with compassion and care. In the event of an emergency, we will work with the local animal hospitals and emergency centers to ensure that your pet gets top notch care.
- Shy, aggressive, elderly and large dog breeds greatly benefit from house visits. No need to be worried you won't make it to your appointment on time due to your pet "acting up" and no more breaking your back trying to load your giant dog into your truck. Let us come to you!
- Families with more than one pet can take advantage of staying home while the doctor comes to access all of their roudy babies.
- For couples with young children and new born babies, it is hard enough taking care of your 2 legged humans. I'm sure you can imagine how hectic it could get with the 4 legged fur babies as well! Let us help save you for this potentially traumatic experience.
- Senior citizens, handicapped individuals, and those that don't feel comfortable driving can rest assure that their pet will be in excellent hands and they will be able to be right there to watch and support.
- Be 100% sure that your pet will not be exposed to any unfamiliar animal's sickness or possible aggressiveness. Elderly and already sick pets tend to have compromised immune systems making them especially susceptible to bacteria and viuses. Nix even the slightest possibility of additional sickness.
- INDOOR CATS. Anyone who has ever owned a house cat, understands that they would rather stay indoors than venture outside...especially to see the vet!! We will all work together to keep their little hearts beating at a normal speed in the safety of their own home.
We don't only offer wellness exams at home, but we also offer the options of: vaccinations, microchipping, ear cleaning, anal gland expressions, bloodwork, suture/staple removal, fluid administration, vitamin injections, administration of medications and much more. If the doctor suggests that your pet come back to the clinic for any additional treatments requiring the office equipment, he will gladly drive your pet to the clinic at no exta charge. From there, we will give the best care to your pet until they are ready to be taken home.
If the time has come and you wish to say goodbye to your fur baby within the comfort of your own home, we will gladly accomidate your situation and make it stress free. Many families want their pet to feel at peace in the privacy of their own home until their very last breaths. We offer gentle home euthanasia where you will be able to be right there with your baby as we all say goodbye.
Can you remember the last time your pet saw their vet? Is Muffin overdue for her vaccines? If you think it's time for the vet to see your pet, call East/West Veterinary Clinic today to schedule a house-call visit.